Topic: Sheri (Live!) on an Alien/UFO forum!

Re: Topic: Sheri (Live!) on an Alien/UFO forum!

Postby STONE » Sat May 14, 2011 3:39 am

Jen wrote:I truly hope that competent artists and people without personal issues will prevail in any future Captain God-Rock "debates". Of all the images I've ever seen in photographs of Mars, it is among the most compelling.

Stone, here's the Charcoal I did of Franz Liszt that I told you I would post. (It took a while to get the scan right.) I hear he was quite the Rock Star in his day!

Your Charcoal of Liszt captures his essence beautifully, Jen. I can practically hear him playing when I look at it.
The meticulous detail & 19th century patina make for a stunning combination. Thank you very much for posting it.
And, I believe you're correct about old Franz bein' a Rock Star. Fortunately, the dress code has loosened up a little since then. lol

I'm not sure how many more "debates" Captain God-Rock will incite in the future, but having you in his corner is sure to help him Keep On Rockin' for a very, very long time.
:art:

Jen wrote:Your Artwork is AMAZING! I've never seen anyone so fluid in so many different mediums and styles. I can't fathom how you have time for music too! But I'm so glad you do. You guys REALLY ROCK!

Thank you, Jen. Coming from an Elite, that means a great deal. As for time left over for music, if you eliminate sleeping from the equation, it works out perfectly. lol

- Stone
STONE

Postby WorstGurlOnEarth » Sat May 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Another FABULOUS work of art, Jen!!! :clap:

I didn't know who Franz Liszt was till I looked him up on YouTube and realized he wrote the music for the old Bugs Bunny cartoons! :thumbsu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYM84n-2Sas

WorstGurlOnEarth

Postby Evil Jim » Sat May 14, 2011 2:53 pm

Yup! I wasn't going to say anything but the first thing I thought of when I saw the absolutely wonderful drawing of Franz Liszt was the "Rhapsody Rabbit" cartoon. It's my favourite Warner Bros. piece with Bugs Bunny.
Evil Jim

Postby WorstGurlOnEarth » Sun May 15, 2011 5:17 pm

That's a MUCH better Wapsody Wabbit video, Jim! Next time I'll check with you first. hahaha
WorstGurlOnEarth

Postby Sheri Lynx » Mon May 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Jen wrote:

that's an AMAZING portrait, Jen! you truly do have wonderful superpowers! I think the fact that he's playing the piano adds so much too. he may have been considered the greatest pianist of his time, but i see something beyond that in your piece.
i see a traveler on an elaborate journey thru a multi-textured world of his own creation from another place n time
(n no, i'm not on drugs lol)

even tho Stone's eye has never been challenged (by actual Artists), i can 'sortof' understand why the casual observer 'could' think he may have other motives for claiming Captain God-Rock is an intentionally created work of Art..

but it's still mind boggling to me how, when YOU posted on that forum, not ONE member stood up n said "hey, wait a minute.. maybe THIS person MIGHT know just a LITTLE bit about determining what's ART n what's just a pile of ROCKS"

i guess there r just those INCAPABLE of getting it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b-072VA4UA&feature=related

Sheri Lynx

Postby WorstGurlOnEarth » Mon May 16, 2011 6:22 pm

U gotta shock them in the right place, sweety. lol -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqjtz3rEPG0&NR=1

WorstGurlOnEarth

Postby Sheri Lynx » Mon May 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Fretless wrote:The alien is with us already!

Don't fear ...

She's here ...

She's watching over a studio near you ... right about now ...

... (scroll down nice and slowly now - don't want to disturb her) ...

[big ceepy spider pic removed by sheri (ik)]

Spotted on London's South Bank, apparently making her way from the South Bank Arts Complex in the direction of St John's Wood / Maida Vale - possibly to a resting-place in either Abbey Road or Delaware Road ...

She might lay her eggs there ...

THAT'S IT! i'm cancelling my trip to England! lol
nice to see u here, luv :wink:.. welcome to the Rag!! :dai:
:party:
Sheri Lynx

Postby Jen » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:23 pm

delighted wrote:
Jen, a wonderful piece of art, very rich in detail. And relating to the topic of this thread ... the "gods" gave you a great gift. And you did a very good choice with Liszt ... the 'Liebestraum' is one of my favorite piano compositions. Why did you join the Alien/UFO forum?

Thank you, delighted! :dai: I love that piano composition too.

To answer your question, I only joined that forum because of Sheri's thread. I couldn't believe the reactions of the members and felt compelled to give my point of view as an artist.

STONE wrote:
Your Charcoal of Liszt captures his essence beautifully, Jen. I can practically hear him playing when I look at it.
The meticulous detail & 19th century patina make for a stunning combination. Thank you very much for posting it.
And, I believe you're correct about old Franz bein' a Rock Star. Fortunately, the dress code has loosened up a little since then. lol

I'm not sure how many more "debates" Captain God-Rock will incite in the future, but having you in his corner is sure to help him Keep On Rockin' for a very, very long time.
:art:

(Smiling from ear to ear!) :dai: I'm so glad you like it, Stone.

As for Captain God-Rock, I was sold the first time I saw him! lol Aside from the obvious (It's a realistic relief sculpture on Mars), I think what impresses me most is his demeanor. Like when viewing a Norman Rockwell painting, one can't help but wonder what lead up to the scene, and what might happen next. Only this scene happened on another world! Some of the REAL questions we should be asking are: Who created him? Why? When? How? Were his makers our own ancient ancestors from another world? Are there other partially obscured figures present in the image? And could it be significant that he was discovered NOW? (Just to name a few)

WorstGurlOnEarth wrote:Another FABULOUS work of art, Jen!!! :clap:

I didn't know who Franz Liszt was till I looked him up on YouTube and realized he wrote the music for the old Bugs Bunny cartoons! :thumbsu:

Thank you, WG! :dai:

I wonder what Franz would say if he knew Bugs Bunny would one day spread his music to future generations! lol

Evil Jim wrote:
Yup! I wasn't going to say anything but the first thing I thought of when I saw the absolutely wonderful drawing of Franz Liszt was the "Rhapsody Rabbit" cartoon. It's my favourite Warner Bros. piece with Bugs Bunny.

Thank you Evil Jim! :dai:

Warner Brothers cartoons have always been my favorites. Artistically, the amount of work that went into each one is mind boggling. Between the great artist/animators, writers, and Mel Blanc's many voices, the characters will live forever.

Sheri Lynx wrote:
that's an AMAZING portrait, Jen! you truly do have wonderful superpowers! I think the fact that he's playing the piano adds so much too. he may have been considered the greatest pianist of his time, but i see something beyond that in your piece.
i see a traveler on an elaborate journey thru a multi-textured world of his own creation from another place n time
(n no, i'm not on drugs lol)

even tho Stone's eye has never been challenged (by actual Artists), i can 'sortof' understand why the casual observer 'could' think he may have other motives for claiming Captain God-Rock is an intentionally created work of Art..

but it's still mind boggling to me how, when YOU posted on that forum, not ONE member stood up n said "hey, wait a minute.. maybe THIS person MIGHT know just a LITTLE bit about determining what's ART n what's just a pile of ROCKS"

i guess there r just those INCAPABLE of getting it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b-072VA4UA&feature=related

Thank you, Sheri! :dai: I don't think you're on drugs! lol Similar thoughts crossed my mind when i was drawing him. Great "Goat Meets Electric Fence" video btw, and VERY appropriate! (So is WG's follow-up) lol

Soon after I posted there, I realized that none of the alien-ufos forum "regs" were grasping the fact that creating Realism requires CONSTANT visual analysis from start to finish. In time, it becomes the way experienced artists automatically look at everything. I don't think you could have explained the logic behind that any clearer. I also think they (for unfortunate personal reasons) resented the awesome video presentation of Stone's discovery incorporating the band, which I see as pure genius!

Jen

Postby Sheri Lynx » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:01 am

that reminds me..

with the help of a friend (ty, luv), i was able to contact the guy claiming to be a 'geologist' from the alien-ufos forum
(since they blocked me from even VIEWING their site).. we pm'd back n forth several times thru my friends account

funny.. he wasn't all that interested in discussing 'geology' lol
(just making sure b4 i wrote the whole thing off as a 'complete' waste of time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQYDvQ1HH-E

Sheri Lynx

Postby delighted » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:31 pm

It is time to reveal some information about 'the geologist' and his professional approach towards Sheri. I assume (I will call him CB) he thought after a few exchanges of pm's that I was Sheri using another screen name. Well, CB you were wrong. The last words I received from him are:

"sheri....unfortunately I'm not on any of those services. Also I'd prefer to stay off your forum for the moment. But for now I'd like to tell you I'm single...and you have very nice legs.

CB"

CB ... if you are sneaking into this forum as a guest ... enjoy the following

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo8fWrW_QdM
delighted

PreviousNext

Return to "The World Street Rag"